Preparing the Offer
When you view a home on the market that you really want, you can hardly wait to be handed the keys. In fact, you may worry that the property will somehow slip through your fingers. Don’t be. Our job, as your real estate agents, is to ensure you get that home – and at a price that works for you.
The first step is preparing an Offer. This is the document we present to the seller’s agent that basically states the price you’re offering, closing date, any inclusions and any conditions that may be required.
The starting price we go in with is critical. You want it to reflect the true market value of the property so the seller will take your offer seriously but you don’t want to go in too high and risk overpaying for the home. Note that in most cases the seller does not accept the first price and will sign back to negotiate.
Don’t worry. We know how to prepare a winning offer and get you the property at the best possible price. In fact, we look after your interests throughout the entire process.
How the Process Works
When you decide to make an offer on a home, here’s what typically happens:
- We’ll recommend a price that has the best chance of being accepted by the seller, without over-paying for the home.
- Obviously, sellers prefer offers that have no conditions. However, we may suggest a condition or two ie. Home Inspection & Financing, to be included for your protection. We’ll cant talk about that.
- We’ll prepare the necessary documents and present your offer to the seller’s agent and seller – sometimes in person and more recently electronically.
- If the offer isn’t accepted, or if the seller makes a counter-offer, we’ll work with the seller’s agent to skillfully negotiate to make the deal work.
- We’ll communicate with you throughout the entire process. You’re never in the dark when you work with us.
- Once the seller agrees to a deal, we’ll help lead you through removal of any conditions and closing the deal. Then, the home is yours. Congratulations!
We realize that making an offer can seem like the nail-biting part of the process. It doesn’t have to be. That’s the advantage of selecting “She Sells, He Sells” who puts our clients first. When you go after a property you really want, you can take comfort in knowing you have experts on your side… we work hard to help purchase your dream home.
Have questions about making an offer? Please submit the form below or call/email us.